Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ho hum.

It's raining. It's been raining. And according to the forecast, it's going to continue to rain. It makes me want to bake cookies and bread. And make homemade soups.

My darling Husband is getting his last wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow and hunkering down in a warm house is just what the doctor ordered. I'm sure he'll spend most of the day beating off the anesthesia, slipping in and out of sleep, while I meander around the house avoiding the rain, and work! Yippee!

Obviously, I will hold off on baking, because that would be plain mean to make delicious things like the chocolate butter cookies on the cover of my new Cooks Illustrated when he won't be able to eat them. I'll be a good wife and wait until after he can eat solid foods again. So, I'm thinking next weekend I'll try the recipe.

Marty and I attended a weather spotter training last night put on by the National Weather Service. We signed up to become weather spotters. These folks help the weather service in better forecasting. They provide real time information to the weather service by calling in or reporting over the internet weather conditions in their area. By doing so the weather service can better predict weather and issue proper warnings and statements. We got a rain gauge and a snow measuring stick and boards. Hopefully we can get the rain gauge hung up soon, considering all this rain we're getting. It doesn't look like it's going to give up anytime soon either.

No comments: